The other day my dear friend asked me if I had any ideas/resources for doing crafts with her toddler. She said he was really anxious for "school" (dad's a teacher) but she wasn't ready to put him preschool yet, so she was looking for some ideas for doing crafts at home in a sort "schoolish" setting. Here a few fun links for crafting with young ones!
- There are a million ideas on flipflops and applesauce for crafting with kids. I seriously do not know how she keeps coming up with such fun ideas- this is by far the best resource I've found.
- Some of these "Summer Fun" ideas are crafty and could easily be played around with any time of year, from Natural Christian Parenting.
- Here's a fun resource for making your own bubbles.
- MomAdvice has a cool article about crafty parenting, with a few recipes & links included.
- And of course, we must include the wonderful book "The Creative Family" by Amanda Blake Soule, aka SouleMama, which has lots of great ideas (I have it checked out from the library right now!).
One of my earliest childhood memories includes finger painting in the backyard with my preschool sweetheart. Do you remember any crafts you did as a young child or have any other good resources to share?