This post was originally published August 11, 2008 and has been slightly updated/modified for 2009.
Most of us love Christmas, but it can tend to be a stressful season, too. When we’re deep in the season, with all of the hustle and bustle, there’s often little time for reflection. I thought I'd take this week as we prepare for Thanksgiving, to start reflecting a little on Christmas.
Which brings me to this: I recently polled a few friends about Christmas. I asked, what, if anything, do you dread or get stressed about during the Christmas season?
Here are a few responses:
- Being able to divide the time fairly between the families.
- For me, it is super busy with a million Christmas parties/events, so that can be difficult…
- Ours is the holiday picture, whether we try to do it ourselves or go to a studio, it seems to be always dreaded. When we do it ourselves, it takes SEVERAL takes to get everyone’s smile and expression right. When we go to a studio, there is always stress about what to wear, the wait because its always busy, etc. And all this because Mom wants to send out the fam picture in the Christmas card!
- Trying to please everyone with plans/getting together.
- Shipping presents-I never get it done in time.
- Trying to visit all gagillion relatives within a short time period (and without hurting anyone’s feelings).
- It’s kind of a hassle to figure out where you are going for Christmas day so that the in-laws and family are happy. That’s kind of a pain.
- I LOVE the season… but get a little stressed as well. There seems to be so much pressure about the gifts and I very much dislike that! That’s not what it’s about!
Do any of these answers strike a chord with you? What do you have to add-- what do you dread or get stressed about during the Holiday season?