Yay! I love getting to share with you what I've been enjoying (mostly) every month, as I link up with Leigh. I really love the fresh start that January brings and I feel like we've gotten into a good rhythm with family life lately.
I'm not sleeping as much, but I've been consistently getting up around 5:45 during the week and I'm loving the solitude and routine. I work on my CBS study, spend some time in prayer (including using my prayer calendar), and do a bit of writing/social media. I'm also working on Ann Voskamp's memory verse plan for 2014 during this time.
Read & Reading
The one downfall to my early mornings is that I tend to fall asleep reading at bedtime and so I'm not accomplishing very much these days in the reading category. I have so many things I want to read but I can't seem to make it happen. I'm still working my way through Pride & Prejudice, and I'm determined to finish in the next couple of days.
But I did finally (started it in November) finish One Thousand Gifts and I really loved it. It's like reading poetry, really encouraging, Jesus-drenched poetry. I also read a fun book that was a collection of four novellas that I'll share with you later this week.
Currently: I have a couple of books for review in queue that I'm really excited about, and coming up in the book club next is Mansfield Park. I have a week or so left before I have to return A Jane Austen Education to the library (it can't be renewed), and I'm bummed, because I really do like it. You can always see what I'm reading (and my ridiculously long to-read list) on GoodReads.
Read-Alouds: I just started reading Little House on the Prairie to the kids and Gigi is thrilled to be back with Laura and Mary. We enjoyed Farmer Boy but she missed the girls. ;)
Downton Abbey, Parenthood (we're so behind though!), Community, Emma Approved (returning this week, yay!), The Australian Open (over now), and our cable gets turned back on in a couple of days for the Olympics (!!).
We recently (finally) saw The Life Aquatic (two thumbs up) and The Internship (very funny, and if you look close you'll see the owner of Google ride by on his ElliptiGo, which is the company my husband works for).
Gigi came to worship practice with me last weekend and was introduced to Dustin Kensrue. So that's pretty much all she wants to listen to, and you know what? I don't mind the ongoing anthem of his theologically solid tunes. (He's a Mars Hill worship leader, and the former singer of the band Thrice).
Our schedule shifted again and so our meal rotation did as well. I'll share some recent favorites in my Pinterest to Real Life post this week. Here's where we're at right now:
- Monday: one-pot meal
- Tuesday: something easy- usually chicken sausage & steamed broccoli
- Wednesday: seafood/fish
- Thursday: crock pot/soup
- Friday: roast chicken
- Saturday: breakfast for dinner or something new
- Sunday: some kind of meat & veggies
- cousins learning to play musical chairs
- learning more about Classical Conversations
- feeling young again at an old school punk rock show
- workouts at the park with fellow moms
- early morning coffee and Bible study time
- Trader Joe's Cowboy Bark (you're welcome)
- my new kitchen window (!!)
- warm winter weather (drought schmout)
- citrus season
- my new Noonday Collection earrings
- The Motherhood & Jane Austen Book Club is hosting its first live discussion (about Pride & Prejudice) via a Google+ Hangout on Wednesday, February 5 at 6pm PST! I'll send out the details of where you can view it on Wednesday, and no, you do not need to have a Google+ account to watch.
- Pinterest to Real Life~ Come link up with us and show us what you've been creating in the last month. Prepare your posts and come link up here on Friday, February 7th.
So tell me, what are you into these days?
Affiliate links included.