As I mention in my book Sewing School 101 there are loads and loads of inspiring books in print. Here are some of my favorites. I'll be sure to add to this list if I get new books.
- Seams to Me by Anna Maria Horner
- Bend-the-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol
- Sew Liberated by Meg McElwee
- Little Stitches for Little Ones by Amy Butler
- Handmade Home by Amanda Soule
- The Creative Family by Amanda Soule
- Sublime Stitching by Jenny Hart
- A Rainbow of Stitches by Agnes Delage-Calvet and others
- Making Children's Clothes by Emma Hardy
- ABCs of Serging by Tammy Young and Lori Bottom
- Quilts Through the Seasons by Eleanor Burns
- Quick Trip Quilts by Eleanor Burns
Nicole's Wish List ~ more great sewing books that I've got my own eye on...
- Growing Up Sew Liberated: Making Handmade Clothes and Projects for Your Creative Child by Meg McElwee
- Amy Butler's In Stitches: More Than 25 Simple and Stylish Sewing Projects by Amy Butler
- Doodle Stitching: The Motif Collection: 400+ Easy Embroidery Designs by Aimee Ray
- Sewing Clothes Kids Love: Sewing Patterns and Instructions for Boys' and Girls' Outfits by Nancy Langdon
These are affiliate links, but all of these books sit on my shelf and were either gifts or books I bought myself (or, they're books I hope to add to my collection). Thank you for your support.