Here are a few fun language links from around the blogosphere lately! I'm not sure if I'll do this every week, or maybe just when I've collected some good articles/resources to share. In other Gidget Loves Language news, I'm really excited that next month I'll have a few guest posts to share with you! Spanish
- Download free Halloween Spanish worksheets & a coloring page at Foreign Language Fun.
- Teaching and Learning Spanish directs to some free Spanish curriculum online.
- Check out these 3 online resources for Spanish Teachers at Voices en Español.
- Also from Foreign Language Fun is a reference to a good reason why learning a foreign language is beneficial.
- Ami @ Write Out Loud has a fun exercise on mind mapping called "Webbing Words."
- This is from a while ago, but I love this post by Writer Dad about when his wife bought him his MacBook. It's a sweet testimony to supporting and following dreams.
And now for a bit about my writing dreams...
In one week I will attempt to make one of my dreams a reality. I will embark on what I described to a friend as a "month-long journey to insanity." I've mentioned before how crazy I feel doing this, but I also feel like I have to do it.
I have a few friends joining me for the ride, and I'm super excited to see what we come up with. I've started brainstorming this week and feel like I have at least a little direction. I'm not too worried about that since I read on the website today that NaNoWriMo's founder said he's "still without a plot or characters and feeling pretty good about it."
I'm going to try to write weekly updates throughout the month on this blog about my progress with WriMo. But hey, no guarantees-- I'll be writing a 50,000 word novel, packing a house, moving halfway across country, chasing a crazy 18-month old, oh yeah, and eating and sleeping, maybe, too.
You'll notice a little blue NaNoWriMo badge in my sidebar... feel free to click on over to my "Author Page" at WriMo and see how my "writing buddies" and I are progressing there. And it's not too late to sign up! I'd love more buddies, aka partners in insanity! It's going to be fun!